Monday, September 14, 2009

The Equators & Elizabeth Archer



To celebrate the fact I've finally tracked down a version of The Equators' Hot, 28 years on, I thought I'd share this song with you. If anyone wants to point me in the direction of any more of this shit, please do. I go doolally for it, frankly.

This is just beautiful.







While we're here, this is one hell of a playlist!

7 comments:

  1. Check out the linked playlist as well. I could lose hours of my precious sleep listening to this music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (From Facebook)

    Kevin Pearce
    Wonderful, wonderful track Everett.
    Sun at 11:29pm · Delete

    Everett True
    I know. I've got to track down the original somehow.
    Sun at 11:32pm · Delete

    Hamish Robert Kilgour
    must be springtime inOz-and y be wantin a little spring in yr highsteppin mon
    Yesterday at 2:35am · Delete

    ReplyDelete
  3. (from Facebook)

    Ian Edward Wade
    This is the greatest record OF ALL TIME! OF ALL TIME!
    Yesterday at 7:10pm · Delete

    Sue Butt
    love it
    Yesterday at 7:16pm · Delete

    Andrew Hitchcock
    That was just beautiful, made me feel 17 again, that was the sound of falling in love, better than that Nirvana nonsense
    17 hours ago · Delete

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an amazing track. Any ideas how to get it on download. It's not on E-Music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It features on the (mostly otherwise unremarkable) Trojan Lovers Rock Box Set - you might find an MP3 download via that.
    Um, but... and I hate to say this... the B-side dub version is almost better!!!!

    Oh, OK. Go here, but don't tell anyone I sent you. These sites are only for looking at, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab tune...

    ReplyDelete