
(From Facebook - another fearsomely long post.)
Everett True
I'm not listening to The Doors right now. it's so great.
26 February at 12:38 · Comment · Like
Chris Roberts, Martin Kirwan, Tom Coogan and 2 others like this.
Keir Hardie
I'm not listening to The Doors or The Clash.
26 February at 12:38 ·
Everett True
It rules, doesn't it?
26 February at 12:39 ·
Everett True
I'm not listening to Be Here Now either.
26 February at 12:40 ·
Keir Hardie
It's quite nice, yes.
26 February at 12:40 ·
Keir Hardie
I'm not listening to any of that. On the other hand, I'm not listening to anything good either. So I'm breaking even.
26 February at 12:41 ·
Everett True
No no no. I'd say that you're breaking more than even.
26 February at 12:43 ·
Keir Hardie
Well, I'm not breaking new ground, that's for sure. Not listening to music constantly - it's been done, surely.
26 February at 12:48 ·
Kevin Coultas
Spot on! Add the Eagles, obviously.
26 February at 12:50 ·
Everett True
I've moved on. Now, I'm not listening to Kings Of Leon. And it still sounds great!
26 February at 12:52 ·
Everett True
On the downside, I'm not doing any work either. Maybe I should put some Vampire Weekend on...
26 February at 12:54 ·
Keir Hardie
I'm not listening to David Gray now. Just because someone's an easy target doesn't mean they're not worth not listening to. I might not listen to Joe Dolce later.
26 February at 12:54 ·
Everett True
Well. I don't want to be too controversial here. But I'm not listening to The Residents either.
26 February at 12:55 ·
Everett True
And it still feels good.
26 February at 12:56 ·
James Blake Mills I'm listening to Bob Dylan live at Newport 65.....might listen to The Doors, PJ Harvey and Daniel Johnston live in Amsterdam later... :)
26 February at 12:58 ·
Everett True
yes yes yes James. But what AREN'T you listening to?
26 February at 12:59 ·
James Blake Mills
Oh...well, in addition to Neil Young and Bob Dylan's latest Albums (which i WANT to listen to)....i'm not listening to Guns N Roses, The Smashing Pumpkins, Def Leppard or anything Simon Cowell has to say, its quite lovely : )
26 February at 13:07 ·
Larry Pickleman
i'm listening to the fridge, and NOT listening anything else
26 February at 16:37 ·
Scott Bressington
The Doors were quite good i prefer bands that push boundaries musically and intellectually despite the decline into rockstar bullshit i prefer them than the sunshine hippy shit of that day and the 100 million bands that begin with THE these days if you are going to be innovative what's the point!!
26 February at 19:03 ·
Scott Bressington
*not going to be innovative
26 February at 19:04 ·
Simon Bridger
I'm not listening to Kate Nash, Queens of the Stone Age or Lady Ga Ga, i am however listening to Special AKA 'In the studio' just to make sure it isn't better than the first two albums, it isn't but it is mighty fine.
26 February at 19:51 ·
Angus Stevenson
break on through to the other side, man
26 February at 21:05 ·
Fortune Teller
Press The killer awoke at dawn and he walked on down the hall. Father, yes son, "Why does Everett True hate me so?"
26 February at 21:32 ·
Everett True
Well Simon, I agree with you about the Special AKA album but I do have a confession to make... I'm not listening to it right now.
26 February at 21:45 ·
Mark Headley
My favourite non-listening pleasure right now is Leona Lewis, closely followed by Cheryl Cole's solo work. Any other hot tips?
26 February at 23:42 ·
Angus Stevenson
really enjoying the non-sound of rap metal
27 February at 00:05 ·
-----------------------------------------------------------
Everett True
What are you not listening to right now?
26 February at 12:53 · Comment · Like
Dennis Holway Driscoll likes this.
Keir Hardie
I'm not listening to Bogshed.
26 February at 12:57 ·
Everett True
Really Keir? That's a coincidence. Neither am I
26 February at 12:58 ·
James Blake Mills
I am not listening to Neil Young's latest album.....but i should be, just havnt got it yet! : P
26 February at 12:59 ·
Everett True
me neither
26 February at 13:01 ·
Oliver Irongiant i'm not listening to any of the recent pith put out by sonic youth
26 February at 13:02 ·
Everett True
spooky! neither am I
26 February at 13:03 ·
Jeff Copas
I am really enjoying not listening to this new Vampire Weekend record. It's like the greatest album I've never heard. In fact, it's so great, I don't want to ruin this experience by ever hearing a single goddamn note of it!
26 February at 13:04 ·
Oliver Irongiant
not listening to gainsborgh's daughter driveling through beck's auto tune either
26 February at 13:06 ·
Everett True
is what you don't listen to affected by the time of day? I find it particularly enjoyable not to listen to Rancid during office hours
26 February at 13:08 ·
Laurie Henzel
I'm really enjoying not listening to the xiu xiu cd while watching the olympics
26 February at 13:12 ·
Oliver Irongiant
i particularly like not listening to dillenger escape plan when having a nice beer
26 February at 13:12 ·
Everett True
it's spooky how in tune I am with all of you.
26 February at 13:12 ·
Jeff Copas
oh, absolutely, Everett. for example, whenever I'm feeling romantic, I love to pour a glass of wine, relax with my wife on the couch, dim the lights, and not listen to the entire recorded works of Jimmy Eat World. works every time!
26 February at 13:13 ·
Everett True
I too enjoy not listening to Dillenger Escape Plan while having a nice beer...at least, I'm sure I would if I drank beer. It sounds like something I might enjoy not doing.
26 February at 13:13 ·
James Blake Mills
I'm not listening to Leo Sayer talking about how he 'couldnt relate to Nirvana' on the 20 to 1 Greatest songs programme......oh Kurt would surely have been DEVASTATED to hear that! : P
26 February at 13:15 ·
Everett True
you know what? I've been enjoying not listening to Leo Sayer OR Michael Bolton for several days now!
26 February at 13:15 ·
Keir Hardie
When I was a kid I used to find it hard to tell Leo Sayer from Gilbert O'Sullivan. Do we know what Gilbert made of Nirvana?
26 February at 13:17 ·
Everett True
coincidentally, I'm not listening to Gilbert O'Sullivan OR Gilbert AND Sullivan right now
26 February at 13:18 ·
Everett True
anyone out there not listening to The Thin Kids?
26 February at 13:20 ·
Keir Hardie
I'm not listening to Gilbert and Sullivan ever again. All that shit about it being a glorious thing to be a pirate king, it's like Malcolm McLaren but worse.
26 February at 13:21 ·
James Blake Mills
I'm enjoying not listening to Chad 'I'm not Eddie' Kroeger pissing and moaning about being less popular than a pickle on this website, heh heh : P
26 February at 13:21 ·
James Blake Mills
I'm not listening to The Thin Kids....but if they came on my stereo, i wouldnt switch them off.
26 February at 13:25 ·
Darragh Bee-bop
Murray vampire weekend ruined my weekend
26 February at 13:25 ·
James Blake Mills
Anyone out there not listening to an I-Pod? Anyone out there who doesnt even own an I-pod like myself?
26 February at 13:25 ·
Everett True
yep. I'm not listening to an iPod. and it feels great
26 February at 13:26 ·
Oliver Irongiant
this is unlocking pleasure that i didn't even know was there. i'm enjoying the luxury of no billy corgan or eddie vedder red hot chilli peppers from the luxury of my own bed. it's bliss
26 February at 13:27 ·
Keir Hardie
Never had an iPod, never will - unless perhaps Bono turns against them.
26 February at 13:28 ·
Darragh Bee-bop Murray
Creative Zen
26 February at 13:29 ·
James Blake Mills
Oh yes, not listening to an I-pod is great...and not even owning one is bliss...even better than not owning a Bruce Springsteen album! (I think)
26 February at 13:29 ·
Deniz Martinez
I don't own an iPod either...I do own a Zune though. :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WDBWSJ3VS0
But I'm not listening to it right now...
26 February at 13:31 ·
James Blake Mills Keir
...that reminds me, i MUST order one of those SST 'Kill Bono' t-shirts!
26 February at 13:32 ·
Everett True
as modeled by Everett True in 1993?
26 February at 13:32 ·
James Blake Mills
You wore one of those? I honestly didnt know that! heh heh
26 February at 13:35 ·
Everett True
not sure, but I think it was on one of those occasions when there were plenty of photos taken
26 February at 13:35 ·
Darragh Bee-bop Murray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7xUJkaTL1U
26 February at 13:37 ·
James Blake Mills
I should spend more time looking at photos of you in 1993 Everett!
26 February at 13:40 ·
James Blake Mills
We should all stand around in a big circle, hold hands and NOT listen to Crosby, Stills And Nash together...and call it Woodstock 2010! Or maybe not...
26 February at 13:47 ·
Suzy Ramone
Brian Jonestown Massacre
26 February at 15:29 ·
Suzy Ramone
oops, I misread the question - fail! I am listening to the new BJTM CD I bought for $5 at their gig and like. I'm NOT listening to Led Zeppelin and never will if I can help it.
26 February at 15:31 ·
Bill Karren
not the doors-who-country music--jazz. gazooooks
26 February at 15:52 ·
Jacques Eduard Scorsese
I'm not listening to the radio.
26 February at 16:30 ·
Alred Hitchcock
I'm not listening to the Pixies... though I wish I was. =(
26 February at 16:57 ·
Simon J Benson
telemarketers
26 February at 17:19 ·
Tone Constandi
I am not listening to Little Birdie, Ben Lee or commercial radio.
26 February at 19:02 ·
Ali Bromwich
Oasis, not listening to Oasis fuck em!
26 February at 20:47 ·
Everett True
Tone, you know, you and I could be twins or something. I'm not listening to any of that either! Or The Hindu Times.
26 February at 21:44 ·
Simon Keeler
I AM NOT LISTENING TO c86 INDIE TWADDLE
26 February at 21:49 ·
Everett True
Me neither!
26 February at 21:49 ·
Simon Keeler
You finally got voivod - rrroooaaarrr then; about time!
26 February at 21:54 ·
Claire 'Kwak' Welles
i'm not listening to ian mcnabb or the icicle works...not only is he a bore but a homophobic & sexist one too. ian mcNOB.
26 February at 22:03 ·
Simon Keeler
Try voivod- rrroooaaarrr, its very therapeutic
26 February at 22:05 ·
Ali Bromwich
My brother the cow. I am however Superfuzz Bigmuff
26 February at 22:06 ·
David Gwiazdowski
I had an urge to hear the Bevis Frond's "Leave A Light On For Me" off Vavona Burr on my ipod, so I did and promptly fell asleep afterward and had a bad dream that Nick Saloman was angry at me for not getting enough dates for his US tour...
26 February at 22:24 ·
Nita Keeler
Dillinger Escape PLan 'Fix your Face'
26 February at 23:44 ·
Robin Waters
The Fridge
27 February at 10:35 ·
-----------------------------------------------------------
Everett True
I'm STILL not listening to The Doors. Does life get any sweeter than this?
26 February at 21:45 · Comment · Like
Gordon Learmonth
just listen to some love instead
26 February at 21:47 ·
Tim Footman
To be fair, they're not listening to you either.
26 February at 21:54 ·
Everett True
How do you know?
26 February at 21:54 ·
Daniel Mayhew
Where's the *love* button? The Doors are stupid overwrought nonsense.
26 February at 21:54 ·
Gordon Learmonth
love button. i was talking bout the band... you know... forever changes, de cappo????
26 February at 21:58 ·
Tim Footman
Because Ray Manzarek's doing the grouting in my bathroom, and he's listening to Heart.
26 February at 21:59 ·
Everett True
ah. I always suspected as much. The bastard.
26 February at 22:00 ·
James Blake Mills
$1000 to the person who brings me Everett's secret Doors album collection!!!...cause i know he really loves them like i do, he just wont admit it, heh heh ; )
26 February at 22:02 ·
Everett True
I had all the remasters sent to me years ago. But right now I'm not listening to them.
26 February at 22:02 ·
Everett True
...and it feels real, real good.
26 February at 22:03 ·
James Blake Mills
heh heh....i guess The Doors is where we differ greatly Everett...but so it goes as Mr Vonnegut said : )
26 February at 22:07 ·
Fortune Teller
Press What Doors songs do you think could remedy a pathological Doors phobia? I'd offer Strange Days & You're Lost Little Girl.
26 February at 22:15 ·
Everett True
eh? what phobia? I'm just happen to not be listening to them right now. And I'm feeling great.
26 February at 22:17 ·
Everett True
...little tired, actually.
26 February at 22:17 ·
James Blake Mills
Read the latest interview with Liam Gallagher Everett...you'll fall asleep very quickly : )
26 February at 22:21 ·
Chris Roberts
Good work. I'm doing the same in solidarity, and have been doing so for decades.
26 February at 22:25 ·
Andrew Hitchcock
I'm not saying
26 February at 22:29 ·
Simon Walker
Forever changes is better imho than the doors & the stooges put together x 10...& I like both the doors & stooges!!!.. What do o know???
27 February at 01:14 ·
-----------------------------------------------------------

Without The Doors, no Stooges. Without The Stooges, no Punk. Without Punk, no ET.
ReplyDelete