Saturday, June 5, 2010

Song of the day - 95: Veronica Falls



I discover music the way I've always discovered music.

It's through a network of friends whose taste I know well enough to taste, and respected allies. The way these social networks form and materialise might change over the years, but the basic premise stays the same: someone suggests music that I might enjoy based on their knowledge of my taste and I listen to the music depending on whether or not I trust that person to make the initial judgement call correctly.

Take this, for example. Alex and I don't always agree on everything but... I still trust her way enough to check out personal recommendations. (This particular one was a response to my parading of my latest major femme pop crush.) I don't know where this band are from, how long they've been going.... anything. I just know that I love this particular song.

And isn't that easily enough?



3 comments:

  1. i'm broken hearted/dearly departed

    ReplyDelete
  2. (from Facebook)

    You, William George Metcalfe and Gary Walker like this.

    Alexandra Goffey
    Knew you'd be into it!
    Yesterday at 00:55 ·

    John Caples
    Think my pal Sean helped out writing this one while they were all living in (pfft!) Brooklyn.
    Yesterday at 12:19 ·

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure someone else will have mentioned, but both Roxanne and Patrick were in The Royal We too. Saw them last week supporting Teenage Fanclub and calling for more reverb.

    ReplyDelete