Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Elvis Costello (this is an experiment)



He plays here in Brisbane, this Sunday.

I have no idea who to contact to get into the show. Have you?

(This is an experiment to see whether this blog has any power whatsoever. I'll keep you - um, that's you over there, not you - posted.)

3 comments:

  1. (from Facebook)
    Everett True
    Elvis Costello plays here Sunday. Anyone know anyone who can get me in?
    37 minutes ago · Comment · Like

    Jim Smith
    Be honest. Do you really care about anything he's released in the past ten years? Do you think he's actually going to play "I Want You" or "Indoor Fireworks" so that your heart feels like it's being slowly scraped out of your chest by your ex-girlfriend wielding a runcible spoon?
    31 minutes ago · Delete

    Everett True
    dude. i saw him play live in Brighton when Charlotte was pregnant with Isaac, not expecting anything whatsoever... and he was absolutely incendiary, couldn't fucking believe it. you know this is me you're talking to, hates fucking bands reforming, haven't listened to one of Costello's new albums in over 15 years, but he fucking rocked.
    21 minutes ago · Delete

    James A Enstrom
    Why didn't u buy a ticket? Cheap bastard
    16 minutes ago · Delete

    Everett True
    because i'm a cheap bastard supporting a wife and two kids on a student grant and no paid work.
    15 minutes ago · Delete

    Jim Smith
    I'll take your word for it Mr True. He does have the capacity to surprise!
    10 minutes ago · Delete

    Everett True
    yeah, I saw him a few years earlier with Burt Bacharach (at the Hollywood Bowl) and it was cheese city, Arizona - not that we cared too much. we was drunk and ready for bawdy merriment
    9 minutes ago · Delete

    ReplyDelete
  2. (from Facebook)

    Paul Rosen
    Interviewed by Jeremy Vine on BBC TV about 5 years ago, Elvis stood by every word of Tramp the Dirt Down, so he remains a hero. And I have actually bought all his albums since the first - the Bacharach one is the only album with nothing much to interest me on it. BTW, isn't it sleep time in Australia?!
    7 minutes ago · Delete

    Everett True
    yes. I'm just finishing up here.
    4 minutes ago · Delete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try my friend Louisa. She has lots of music contacts. I'm not 100% sure she's still in Brisbane but if she is, she might be able to help. She's on my friend list. I'll send her a message now. Good luck. I think he'd be worth it. He was apparently amazing when he did a concert in the vineyards here a couple of years ago and did heaps of old stuff and I'm sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete