Spain's Elefant Records just sent me a parcel of 14 lovely shiny brand-new seven-inch singles.
Names like Television Personalities, The School, Papa Topo, Helen Love, The Carrots and Stereo-Total. Oh yes. I really will have to dust off that USB record-player finally and have myself a listening party with a few select Brisbane sorts. There's a new Kitchen's Floor seven to play, Art Museums, something from that crazy dude with the long tongue from Gravy Train!!!, and loads of older stuff besides. (If you're a select Brisbane sort and fancy that sort of party, send me an email.) I can think of a few fellow bloggers who might be feeling a little pink with envy upon reading this news... anyway.
They also sent me a brace of Camera Obscura sevens. And there's never anything wrong with being sent a brace of Camera Obscura sevens. Why, here's one right now!

Elefant Records is top notch, and this post will tempt me to order a swag of records myself, no doubt. Did you receive Camera Obscura's "I Love My Jean"? It's quite possibly my favourite release of theirs.
ReplyDeleteI'm super jealous
ReplyDeleteYes I did receive 'I Love My Jean'. Ace! (I posted the other because it was the most played song in our house in Brighton a few years back.)
ReplyDeleteSomeone recently uploaded their Peel session Burns Night special where they put Robbie's poems to music (it's where 'I Love My Jean' originated):
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA3oIsXl6G8
i'm a select brisbane sort but i'm not a self selecting brisbane sort. you don't have to post this :)
ReplyDelete